Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 3

G'day all

It's hard to believe that we had such warm weather when you think of yesterday and today! I heard on the radio that it's a feature of spring weather to have such  up and down temperatures!

I hope you had a successful excursion last Wednesday. Feel free to write about it in your blog if you want a bit of writing practice!

Well done to those of you who ALMOST worked out the 2 sentences from last week's Wordle! At least you were able to group adjectives with nouns to make sense!

Today (and perhaps next week) I've got a webquest for you on the theme of Halloween! Have you heard of it? Is it celebrated in your country? Feel free to share your knowledge of this event in the Comments section at the end of this post BEFORE starting the webquest. Then you can check back later and see if you were right!

I've printed the worksheets but you'll have to follow the online links to work out the answers to the questions. They are quite varied! It doesn't matter which order you do them in! In lots of the tasks, you DO NOT have to read the complete text, only a paragraph or two so don't panic yet!

OK, now you've read this post, come and see me and I'll give you the worksheets!


Good luck and happy blogging!

 

11 comments:

  1. HALLOWEEN.. scary..
    I know this event, but I think it's not common event in my country. Some people, specialy young people might make some event with Halloween as a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a little bit Halloween. Children would like to use pumpkins to make a ghost light.In China people don't celebrate this festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about Halloween,never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. halloween is just another reasons to go party hard

    ReplyDelete
  5. In china, people don't celebrity Halloween. However, I know a litter bit about it from the movies. I know people use pumpkins to decorate their houses during Halloween. Kids can play 'trick or treat' door by door. People dress themselves into horror characters with the help of customs and makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is a day, who people celebrate in it, wearing strange,scary costumes. pumkin is one of the most common vegetable which people used to enjoy their day. we used to celebrate in my country, in some areas. Happy Halloween to all and have a scary day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween is organized in October annually.I think it is a funny and scary event, and pumpkin is a popular thing that everyone always use in this event. I have never taken part in Halloween in my country because i'm not intersted in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know every year about this time some kids wear special clothes with makeup knocking some people's door to ask lolly, but I don't know its bankground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was child, we didn’t cerebrate Halloween in my country. However, more and more people follow the American culture nowadays. Many of companies use Halloween as a propaganda in order to increase their sales volume. If we go to the department store in Japan, we could see big pumpkin and skeleton there. Because of declining birth rate, many of Japanese family have only one or two children. It seems “Kid’s market” is beneficial to the company. Even majority of Japanese are Buddhists many of us celebrate both Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know a very little of it. As I know it is the day of a year when the spirit of the deaparted soul come to earth to see .It is not celebrated in our country.This day children dressed like sprits and make people scared and collect candies from different houses.

    ReplyDelete