Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 2

G'day all

Congratulations to those of you who scored 100% on your Skillwise quizzes last week! I hope your certificates will have pride of place in your living rooms! :-)

Today, I'd like you to start by deciphering the text below and writing it out coherently. There are a couple of variations that you could end up with! As long as it makes sense, that will do! It is part of a news report and there are only 2 sentences in the actual report. All the articles, prepositions and pronouns have been removed! I'll give you the text later! Numbers are also missing and you'll need them! You'll need $12,000; 83 & 20!

Wordle: News

When you have worked that out, have a look at one of today's online newspapers. Choose from The Sydney Morning Herald or The Daily Telegraph. Scan the headlines for an article that interests you. Read it, look up any new vocabulary then write a summary of the article in your blog. Post me a comment when you've finished so I can check it out! Please indicate the source of the article!

If you still have time left, see if the same news items appears on the other paper and compare the reports.

If you STLL have time, ask me to give you something else to do!

Happy blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for your time today. I just posted one summary of the news article on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've posted the summury of the news item. Thank you for time.

    ReplyDelete