Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 5

G'day all!

I hope you enjoyed your week without me! I hope the assessment wasn't too hard! I hope it will make interesting reading over the next few days!

I had a fantastic time in Melbourne. I won some money on Derby Day but sadly, didn't back the winner on Cup Day! Did any of you have a 'flutter' on the Cup? I met some really lovely people during my stay there and hopefully I'll be able to catch up with them again in Sydney!

This will actually be our last computer class because, traditionally, EFS have a 'party' on the last day. As we mentioned earlier, we'll have class in the morning but at lunch time we'll stop and enjoy some time together over lunch. I will of course invite the other teachers to join us!

So, what to do for the final class? Well, as we were looking at newspapers this morning, I'd like you to try this online quiz about understanding newspapers.

Then, you can select an online story, print it off, and then write a summary of it. You MUST hand in both the article and the summary to me! In addition to the summary, include the topic of the article, the source, the register (formal or informal) and give examples to show this. Also, include 5 new words from the text. If time permits, use them in sentences to show you understand the meaning AND if you still have time, give your opinion of the article!!! 

Wow, that should keep you occupied for a while!!

It's been a real pleasure teaching you all. You are a very competent, enthusiastic group of students. I've enjoyed turning up each Tuesday to help you improve your reading skills. I wish you all the very best for the future and hope you continue to develop your English skills.

Take care, good luck and even though it's early, Happy Christmas to you and your families! Don't forget us!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment